The Bogota Middle School dance team was established in the fall of 2021. This extracurricular club gives students the opportunity to dive deep into the mechanics of dance technique as well as develop their performance skills. Throughout the practice of dance, students will develop interpersonal, intrapersonal, kinetic, musical, and social emotional skills. The dance team has various performance opportunities throughout the school year in which all members participate. Throughout the schoolyear members learn choreography to be performed in said occassions.
- Dance Club Sessions: Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 3:00 pm to 3:50 pm starting Tuesday October 5th, 2021 and ending in June 2022. (Students will be self-dismissed)
- Dance Club Location: Bogota Middle School Stage, unless communicated otherwise.
- Dance Club Advisor: Ms. de la Garza
- Dance Club Description: The Bogota middle school dance club will be run like a dance team. Every session will begin with a warm up and strengthening, continued by technique exercises. Additionally, during the session there will be established choreography taught to students and finally the session will end with a cool down. The sessions will teach students Jazz, Ballet, Hip Hop, Contemporary, and Modern techniques.
- Dance Club Dresscode: Movement attire following the school dress code. No jewelry. No street shoes on stage. Hair tied back. If you have any questions whether your attire is appropriate, let Ms. de la Garza know.
As members of the dance team, the members of this club are automatically members of the Bogota Middle School Dance Company. For more information on the company, click here.