Welcome to Mrs. Geraghty's Grade 2 Web Page!!!
Welcome back to school! I am looking forward to a great year working with you and your child!!! We had a great first few day, thanks to all for sending in the supplies. If you have not sent in an emergency contact card and other documents sent home, please send them in asap!
If you need to reach me, please email me at email@example.com, or you can call the office and leave a message for me. The office phone number is 201-342-6446.
* Throughout the year, I will post the daily homework and any upcoming items of importance on this web page. Communication is key in helping your child succeed!!
Homework- * Your child will copy the homework into his/her planner each day. This is an important organizational skill for your second grader to learn how to do. Please be sure to check the planner each evening and sign. Feel free to write any comments in there as well.
1) Read for 20 minutes, a book of your child's choice, on his/her level. Students may take home book baggies from class if needed, but they should return them each morning.On the reading chart in your child's homework folder, write the title of the book, how long your child read for, and then be sure a parent signs the reading chart.
3) Word worksheet and study trick words
4) Science-Study for test on "Changing Matter"-Fri. 11/15
5) Reader's Response- Due Wed. 11/27/19
**Please note: Pearson math sign in instructions:
*sign in (I gave out user names and passwords at Back to School Night. I will also staple them into your child's planner).
*Visual Learrning (the eye icon)-This will display an animated lesson. The students viewed this lesson in school as part of the day's instruction. It is helpful to watch if your student is having difficulty understanding the math homework. I hope it is helpful!!!