Sixth Grade Activities
Fundraising – during the end of fifth grade or/and the beginning of sixth - Parents to organize and supervise if applicable. Ice pops, Dress Up/Down Days, etc.
- recommended to start to collect money when students are in 5th grade.
- collect monies and deposit with Mr. Englese. (teachers will also collect money)
- Class parents will be chaperones - must pay for own ticket
Teachers will purchase tickets for the play and arrange for the bus.
Lunch before the play
- Parents (if available) assist in lunch at Bixby School one hour before bus leaves. (Possible foods: pizza, sub sandwiches, water, snack, etc.)
- Single session day in June.
- Sixth grade students from Bixby and Steen get to know one another.
- Physical Education teacher from Bixby or Steen will supervise activities.
Parents needed to provide and serve-
- Grill hamburgers, hotdogs, etc. at Olsen Park form 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Snack, ice-cream or ice-pops
- T-shirts - Sixth grade T-shirts – Teachers will order
Sixth Grade Promotion
Preparation for Sixth Grade Promotion:
Parents/Teachers are responsible for:
- Decorations outside or in gym – balloons column(s) preferred. (optional)
- Programs - for Promotion - (songs, speakers, teacher’s children’s’, BOE, etc. names) teachers have samples (Teachers)
- Boosters – class parents (teachers split the cost for one) (optimal)
- Yearbook preparation (collecting/monitoring baby pictures and student profiles) and ordering (teachers)
- Taking Yearbook pictures- those involved in activities and sports – Safety Patrol, Band, G&T, Spelling Bee, basketball, cheerleading, etc. (teachers)
- Classroom Chaperones (before ceremony) 5th grade parents – need 6.
-Responsibilities – hand out programs and collect tickets (if needed), and supervise students in
classrooms before promotion.
Preparation for Sixth Grade Breakfast:
Parents are responsible for:
- Last day of school from 8:40AM to 10:00AM
- Food – bagels, muffins, juice, etc.
- Decorations in gym (balloons from Promotion -optional)
- Slide Show – for breakfast in gym (optional)
- Yearbooks to be distributed