****Attention Parents/Guardians of Pre-K Students****
All Pre-K students require a seasonal Flu shot, please arrange for this as soon as possible after the beginning of the school year.
****Attention Parents/Guardians of 6th Grade Students****
Students entering 6th grade need a physical exam, Tdap Vaccine, and Meningitis Vaccine for entrance.
Please take the time to check your child’s health before he/she leaves for school in the morning. A child that is ill cannot function properly in the classroom. They may even pass their illness on to their classmates and teacher.
Reasons for Keeping a Child Home from School
1. Illness during the night.
2. Fever of 100 degrees or more.
3. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or complaints of a headache.
4. Symptoms of communicable disease, such as sore throat, swollen glands, “red” eyes, discharge from nose, severe cough or rash on body.
5. If a child requires antibiotics for strept. throat or any other reason, they must be on antibiotics for 24 hours before they may return to school with a doctor’s note.
Please Notify the School
1. If your child will be absent from school, please call the main number by 8:15 am .
2. If a communicable disease is present, such as flu, strept. throat, chicken pox (varicella) or pink eye (conjunctivitis).
3. If the child has received stitches or casting.
4. If the child has been hospitalized for any reason.
5. If the child has been placed on medication.
6. In addition to notifying the school regarding absences, parents should also send a note in the next day. Absences of more than three days REQUIRE a doctor’s note.
Children should have tissues available if necessary. The used tissues should be discarded immediately after use, and your child should was his/her hand with SOAP and water. When a child coughs or sneezes, instruct them to do so into their elbow to reduce the chance of spreading their illness. Remember, hand washing is the first and easiest defense against germs.
Parents, please review personal hygiene habits with your child. It has come to our attention that children in the lower grades are having difficulty with bathroom hygiene. Please teach your children how to properly care for themselves. All students and staff must was their hands after they use the bathroom. Enforce this rule at home with your child as well.
Please Notify the Nurse
1. When any emergency information, such as your telephone number, has changed.
2. Any new diagnosis or medication is prescribed.
3. Any visit to the emergency room or specialist.
SPECIFICALLY RELATED TO ALLERGIES AND/OR ASTHMA
If your child requires medication for food or other allergies and/or asthma while school is in session, you must have the physcian complete a medication order form, Action Plan and provide in the ORIGINAL pharmacy packaging the child's medication. In addition, please make yourself available for school trips and/or activities.
Any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school nurse, Mrs. Collins, at (201)441-4833 or email@example.com