Kindergarten is a year filled with lots of growth. Help your child prepare for September with the following summer homework assignments. If you have any questions about any of the assignments, feel free to reach out.
1.) Teach My Monster to Read (Complete 3 times per week)
Log onto the website by clicking
Browser: Children must use http://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/u/5911472
App: When logging in, set (star code) to 5911472
Username: Type your child's first name (with a capital letter)
Password: steen (all lowercase)
2. Phonics Sound Cards (Watch the video 5 times per week to help promote letter and sound memorization)
3. Sight Word Song (Watch the video 5 times per week to jumpstart your child's reading)
4. Sight Word Lists (Practice 3 times per week). Make flash cards to help your child master the words. Focus on mastering List A before going to List B. Students do not need to have these words memorized before starting Kindergarten, but it is very helpful to practice them over the summer before starting in September.
5. Writing: Have your child practice writing their name, their lowercase/capital letters, and their numbers. The attached paper below is printable.
6. Counting to 20 (Watch the video 3 times per week)
7. Math Games for Building Number Skills (3 times per week)
8. Join the summer reading program at the Bogota Public Library
Register and log books here: https://bogotapubliclibrary.org/summerreading/